Designed to tackle a wide variety of tasks, the Kubota MX5200 features a powerful 51HP engine, widely considered as the smoothest running 4-cylinder diesel engine in the industry, offering smooth transfer of power, low noise and quick start. Equipped with innovative features, the MX5200 is designed for increased productivity. The 4WD MX5200 has two models in the range, the MX5200D which is a manual transmission, and the MX5200HD which is a hydrostatic transmission.
- Powered by a reliable, heavy-duty Kubota 51HP engine.
- Kubota’s Synchro Shuttle Transmission offers smooth operability and powerful agility. The hanging clutch and brake pedals deliver easy manoeuvrability when shifting. With 4 main shift speeds and 2 range-shift speeds (Hi/Lo), you have 8 forward and 8 reverse speeds to choose from giving you the versatility you need to maximise your productivity.
- MX5200 3-point hitch features telescopic lower link ends and stabilisers to allow easy attachment of a wide variety of Category I and II rear-mounted implements and enormous lift capacity.
- 4WD provides outstanding pulling power and traction in almost any working condition. Featuring a bevel gear front axle to deliver smooth and full-power transfer, plus greater all around manoeuvrability.
- Full-flat deck enables safe and easy mounting/dismounting with 760mm between fenders to give you all the room you need to work in comfort.
- Make tight turns or take the straight path with ease. These tractors feature responsive power steering to enhance manoeuvrability and make steering worry free even when a heavy load is applied or the front loader is used.
FRONT END LOADER
- Kubota’s front end loader is performance-matched to the MX5200, ensuring precise operation and improved productivity. The high lift capacity and lift height deliver impressive performance with each load, and the single lever joystick control makes operation easy.
- The LA854AU-B loader features high-quality, heavy-duty cylinders to bring more muscle to your loader work. This standard feature allows the operator to raise or lower the loader boom while keeping the bucket level to the ground. This will help prevent spills when carrying soil or sand and will make pallet handling smooth and easy.
- To broaden the scope and capabilities of your front loader applications, the LA854AU-B is available with a third function valve to operate attachments such as a 4 in 1 bucket.
WHAT BUCKET DO I NEED?
A 4in1 hydraulic release bucket vs a standard bucket
What is a 4in1 bucket? A 4in1 bucket is a hydraulic enabled bucket that can push material, scoop material, drag and grab material. The bucket is split along the backplate enabling it to open using hydraulic control systems.
What is a standard bucket? A standard bucket is a single piece bucket that has less functionality than a 4in1 bucket and its primary function is to scoop and smooth out material.
The 4 IN 1 bucket has many advantages over the standard bucket:
- Using a hydraulic control lever, the operator can open the bucket to release material instead of dumping the material.
- When the bucket is opened, the operator can use the exposed blades on the rear and front end of the bucket for earthmoving activities.
- The 4in1 bucket is a more expensive option, as it includes hydraulic fittings and hoses. It also requires additional labour in the assembly process the plumb up the hydraulics. Whilst a 4in1 bucket will cost slightly more than a standard bucket, the small price increase is well worth the additional functionality and versatility that it gives your tractor. Without the 4in1 you will not be able to push, drag or grab material.
- In the last decade, we have found that 58% of customers buy a 4in1 bucket for their L series tractor. 67% of our customers purchase a 4in1 bucket for their BX tractor (18-23HP).
SAFE LOADER OPERATION
It is strongly recommended for safety purposes that your tractor has a counterweight fitted to the rear linkage when you are operating the front end loader. If the weight in the loader and bucket is not offset using a backhoe, an implement such as a mulcher or slasher or a purpose built counterweight, then you can damage the tractor and have an accident, potentially harming you or others around you. If the weight on the front of the tractor is not countered using the above means then the tractor can tip over, the loader subframe can twist or the back wheels can come off the ground, in which case you loose traction and control of the machine.
There are limitations to the lift capacity of front end loaders. The listed capacity on the loader plate often does not include the weight of the bucket and you must understand the maximum safe lifting capacity before undertaking a task. If the task is too large you can try to break it up into smaller tasks, such as cutting a log up before lifting it.
It is important to consider the tasks that you have to do on your property, now and over the coming years as it may be beneficial for you to step up into the M7040SUHD tractor which have more horsepower and lift capacity. If you want to lift round bales we would recommend looking at the Kubota M7040SUHD, or even a Massey Ferguson 2615 or 2525.
If you think that the MX5200 is the right tractor for you, then the next step is to talk to one of our sales representatives. Even if you are stuck on what model tractor best suits you, or if you are unsure if the MX series is big enough for your needs then give us a call, email or a visit. Tasmac has sales staff that operate alongside our parts and service teams at our Smithton, Devonport, Launceston and Hobart branches, that way you are always dealing with someone local. Our sales team can help you narrow down the right model, accessories and answer any questions you have. If you have any queries regarding finance or pricing get in touch with us today for an obligation free quote.
We understand that this might be your first piece of farm equipment (how exciting!), especially if you own or have just purchased a small hobby farm. Our sales team can deliver the machine to your property and show you how to safely and confidently operate your machine. Our parts and service teams have your back and will keep your machine operating smoothly.