Whether your’re mowing, landscaping or doing light utility work, the Kubota B3150HD tractor has got you covered. Delivering outstanding performance, fuel economy and reliability, the B3150HD features a powerful and economical 31HP diesel engine. Crafted with quality components, the B3150HD is available with a mid mount mower with a choice of 60-inch or 72-inch cutting widths.
The main difference between the B3150SUHD and HD is that the SUHD does not include a mid mount PTO.
- Powered by a rugged Kubota 31HP, 4-cylinder engine, renowned worldwide for their exceptional reliability and durability.
- Features 3 range hydrostatic transmission as standard. Equipped with twin operating pedals to offer exceptional handling with frequent changes of speed and direction.
- Hydraulic power steering offers effortless control to reduce operator fatigue.
- With an overall length similar to a standard garden tractor, the B3150HD is easy to drive and offers smooth operation even in the tightest spaces. Due to it’s compact size, the B3150HD is also incredibly gentle on turf.
- Rugged and sturdy 4-wheel drive (4WD) provides powerful traction for heavy duty front-loader work and operating other implements.
- Choice of turf, bar or industrial tyres.
- A front 4-position valve lets you quickly and easily attach a front loader and other front-mounted implements. The valve is easy to access but won’t obstruct or impair the tractor’s clean and sleek look.
- The B Series all feature a sturdy, hydraulically controlled Category I 3-point hitch that allows you to attach a wide array of rear implements.
- Towing hitch as standard.
- Features folding ROPS frame and seat belt as standard.
- Halogen headlights provide clear and bright illumination when working and traveling at night.
- Operator comfort has been enhanced by a new, fully flat deck layout with the brake on the left side, providing more room for the feet. The new design also improves operability.
- New suspension seat is specifically designed to absorb shock, reducing operator fatigue to make your ride comfortable no matter what the conditions. Arm rests come standard for added comfort.
- The easy-to-read dash panel features help you easily track vital tractor functions such as engine speed, engine temperature, fuel level, etc. The panel backlight activates when the headlights are turned on.
- Cruise control automatically maintains a constant speed, letting you take your foot off the forward pedal. It’s the easy way to mow large areas or travel long distances.
- Features large angled lever guides for hassle free shifting, fast control lever recognition and easy operation.
- All controls and indicators are neatly placed for quick, easy and user-friendly access.
- 3-blade mower offers a wide cutting area, allowing you to cut more grass in a single pass. Ultra-sturdy and highly versatile mid-mount mowers with a choice of 60-inch or 72-inch cutting widths.
- The B3150HD shaft drive delivers power smoothly from the mid-PTO to the mid-mount mower. Unlike belt drives, there is no slippage and maintenance is minimal.
- A simple twist of the dial adjusts the mower height in ¼” increments to your desired cutting level.
- The rounded boom perfectly complements the tractor design and offers greater visibility.
- The front loader has an H-shaped stand, which makes it easy to attach and detach. The design also provides additional protection for hoses when the stand is folded.
- Option of standard or 4:1 bucket. Mechanical thumb optional.
WHAT BUCKET DO I NEED?
A 4in1 hydraulic release bucket vs a standard bucket
What is a 4in1 bucket? A 4in1 bucket is a hydraulic enabled bucket that can push material, scoop material, drag and grab material. The bucket is split along the backplate enabling it to open using hydraulic control systems.
What is a standard bucket? A standard bucket is a single piece bucket that has less functionality than a 4in1 bucket and its primary function is to scoop and smooth out material.
The 4 IN 1 bucket has many advantages over the standard bucket:
- Using a hydraulic control lever, the operator can open the bucket to release material instead of dumping the material.
- When the bucket is opened, the exposed blades on the rear and front end of the bucket can be used for earthmoving activities.
- Similar functionality to a mechanical thumb on the BT603 backhoe, where you can use the bucket to grab broken branches and foliage.
- The 4in1 bucket is a more expensive option as it includes hydraulic fittings and hoses and also requires additional labour in the assembly process the plumb up the hydraulics. Whilst a 4in1 bucket will cost slightly more than a standard bucket, the small price increase is well worth the additional functionality and versatility that it gives your tractor. Without the 4in1 you will not be able to push, drag or grab material.
- In the last decade, we have found that 67% of our customers purchase a 4in1 bucket for their BX, and 58% of customers buy a 4in1 bucket for their L series tractor (32-46HP).
SAFE LOADER OPERATION
It is strongly recommended for safety purposes that your tractor has a counterweight fitted to the rear linkage when you are operating the front end loader. If the weight in the loader and bucket is not offset using a backhoe, an implement such as a mulcher or slasher or a purpose built counterweight, then you can damage the tractor and have an accident, potentially harming you or others around you. If the weight on the front of the tractor is not countered using the above means then the tractor can tip over, the loader subframe can twist or the back wheels can come off the ground, in which case you loose traction and control of the machine.
There are limitations to the lift capacity of front end loaders. The listed capacity on the loader plate often does not include the weight of the bucket and you must understand the maximum safe lifting capacity before undertaking a task. If the task is too large you can try to break it up into smaller tasks, such as cutting a log up before lifting it.
It is important to consider the tasks that you have to do on your property, now and over the coming years as it may be beneficial for you to step up into a L series or MX series tractor which have more horsepower and lift capacity.
If you think that the B3150HD is the right tractor for you, then the next step is to talk to one of our sales representatives. Even if you are stuck on what model tractor best suits you, or if you are unsure if the B31 series is big enough for your needs then give us a call, email or a visit. Tasmac has sales staff that operate alongside our parts and service teams at our Smithton, Devonport, Launceston and Hobart branches, that way you are always dealing with someone local. Our sales team can help you narrow down the right model, accessories and answer any questions you have. If you have any queries regarding finance or pricing get in touch with us today for an obligation free quote.
We understand that this might be your first piece of farm equipment (how exciting!), especially if you own or have just purchased a small hobby farm. Our sales team can deliver the machine to your property and show you how to safely and confidently operate your machine. Our parts and service teams have your back and will keep your machine operating smoothly.