In support of the current Corona Virus Pandemic, we have put a range of measures in place to protect our valued staff and customer base.
Our goal has always been to support Tasmanian farmers, and this situation is no different for us. We want to do everything we can to make sure they can keep providing food for Australia.
We have put the following in place to look after our customers and our staff and to play our part in reducing the spread.
- Service staff will ask customers prior to visiting the property; has anyone that has been in contact with the machine, had a virus, is currently in or has been in health isolation, or been physically unwell with in the last two weeks?
- Service staff will also make sure the customers are aware of the current rules around social distancing and will practice this when speaking with the customer.
- The team will continue to wash hands continuously and will look to be prepared before going to a property making sure there is access to water and hand cleaner or sanitiser.
- There will always only be one person in the machine cabin at any one time.
- The machine cabins will be cleaned and disinfected prior to starting work or operating, with disinfectant spray or wipes.
- Service staff may use glad wrap to protect any surfaces such as steering wheels
- They will use PPE, especially gloves, glasses and overalls when necessary
- Where ever possible only use one pair of overalls per job will be used when working in machine cabins.
If you want to speak with us more about how we can support you in this time, please reach out to us and we would love to speak with you.
Tassie farmers and construction guys, we have said it before, but more then ever; we are here for you.